Wildland Fire Fighter: Principles and Practice, Second Edition
|Expected release date is Dec 14th 2019|
This textbook is packaged with Navigate 2 Advantage Access which unlocks a complete eBook, Study Center, homework and Assessment Center, and a dashboard that reports actionable data. Experience Navigate 2 today at www.jblnavigate.com/2.
In partnership with the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC), Wildland Fire Fighter Principles and Practices, Second Edition is updated to align with the 2016 Edition of NFPA 1051, Standard for Wildland Firefighting Personnel Professional Qualifications. Chapters are now organized by Level I and Level II content, while appendices provide chapter and page references to content from NFPA 1051. Additionally, the second edition also includes comprehensive coverage of the National Wildfire Coordinating Group (NWCG) S-130, L-180, and S-190 course competencies.
Two new chapters are available:
- Reducing the Threat of Exposure, which covers wildland urban interface, interface watchouts, protecting properties, and suppression equipment
- Human Resources, which addresses task management, crew readiness evaluation, equipment standards, briefing, leadership, and communication
Expanded information is included on the following critical topics:
- Personal protective equipment, including inspection and maintenance
- Recognizing hazards and unsafe situations
- Constructing and securing a fireline
- Decision points and situational awareness
- Securing potential evidence
- Systems maintenance and inspection
- Risk management