Medical support for special weapons and tactics (SWAT) units is different from civilian EMS in many ways. A tactical medical provider (TMP) is charged with providing life-saving care to downed SWAT officers and taking measures to defend against criminal suspects. Mastery of these skills requires extensive, specialized tactical emergency medical services (TEMS) training and experience in the tactical environment.
Designed for EMS and medical professionals of all levels of training, Tactical Medicine Essentials provides the foundation needed to create world-class TMPs. Written by an experienced team of authors from diverse backgrounds, this text covers the essential curriculum of tactical medicine, including tactical patient assessment, expedient extrication and evacuation, and self-defense skills. It also goes into depth about the specialized equipment and techniques used by medical professionals with TEMS training and certification. Tactical Medicine Essentials thoroughly prepares medical professionals to safely accompany a SWAT unit into the tactical environment.
Interested in learning more? Visit our Navigate website.
- Call-A-CAB-‘N-Go: The rapidly changing tactical environment requires specialized rapid assessment techniques. The tactical patient assessment process is presented in a single, comprehensive chapter, ensuring that students understand how to rapidly apply this specialized process. Each traumatic injury chapter further reinforces the tactical patient assessment process by highlighting the unique aspects of each traumatic injury.
- At the Scene: Advice from experienced TMPs on how to excel during a mission.
- Safety: Information on how to remain safe in the tactical environment, even under the threat of violence.
- Medical Gear: Tips on the best equipment to pack and utilize in the tactical environment.
- Detailed step-by-step skill reviews: Detailed step-by-step explanations and visual summaries of important skills and procedures.
Customers also viewed