Stanfield’s Introduction to Health Professions, Seventh Edition provides comprehensive coverage of all the major health professions. This valuable resource is designed for students who are interested in pursuing a health-related career but are still exploring and have not yet decided on a career. Stanfield’s Introduction to Health Professions, Seventh Edition outlines more than 75 careers and touches on every major facet of the field including a description of the profession and typical work settings; educational, licensure, and certification requirements; salary and growth projections; and internet resources on educational programs.
In addition, this text provides a thorough review of the U.S. healthcare delivery system, managed care, health care financing, reimbursement, insurance coverage, Medicare, Medicaid, and the impact of new technology on healthcare services. Information on career preparation and development is also included. All chapters are updated to reflect current demographics and new policies. Each section has also been thoroughly updated to reflect current training requirements, responsibilities, and salaries, as established in the 2016-2017 Occupational Outlook Handbook.
Each new print copy includes Navigate 2 Advantage Access that unlocks a comprehensive and interactive eBook, student practice activities and assessments, a full suite of instructor resources, and learning analytics reporting tools.
- Navigate 2 Advantage Access includes the 2019 edition of access™ from the NHA
- Thoroughly updated to reflect changes to the healthcare system, including the Affordable Care Act
- Includes a new chapter on Health Information Technology
- NEW Jobs & Careers: This new section focuses on Job Preparation and Fulfillment as well as Career Development
- NEW Health Care Practitioners and Technicians: This new section contains over 20 chapters covering health careers that involve direct patient contact and care
- Interview with 14 Healthcare Professionals (Including a Frequently Asked Questions/Answer Section)
- 9 New Careers (Podiatrist, Orthotics and Prosthetics, Exercise Physiologist, Substance Abuse and Behavioral Disorders Counselor, Genetic Counselor, Community Health Worker, Board Certified Behavior Analyst replaced Educational Therapist, Phlebotomist, Massage Therapist)
- Career Options in the Health Professions
- Careers in Health Care
- Careers in Health Sciences
- Explorations in Health Professions
- Introduction to Health Professions