Mechanical Ventilation is a comprehensive guide to the evaluation and management of critically ill patients requiring mechanical ventilatory support. This new text helps respiratory care students and clinicians alike bridge the gap between theory and practice as they strive to provide the very best care for patients.
Aimed at developing advanced practice and critical care respiratory therapists, the text covers key concepts, techniques, and procedures for providing safe and effective mechanical ventilation. Readers will learn to apply assessment skills to evaluate patients in impending or actual respiratory failure. After studying indications for mechanical ventilation, they will learn how to initiate mechanical ventilator support, adjust ventilation to keep patients stabilized, monitor patients over time, and discontinue ventilator support.
- A valuable resource to prepare for the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) entry-level and advanced respiratory care exams.
- Bridges the gap between theory and practice in the care of critically ill patients requiring mechanical ventilatory support.
- Focuses on interdisciplinary teams as they related to patient care and treatment
- Clinical Focus exercises serve as case studies to help readers refine their critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Navigate 2 Advantage Access includes a full eBook, student practice activities and assessments, instructor resources, and grading analytics tools.
- Robust set of Slides in PowerPoint format for each chapter, including an extremely comprehensive synopsis of ventilator types containing over 1000 slides!