Fire and Emergency Services Administration: Management and Leadership Practices, Third Edition, provides aspiring and current chief officers who administer, manage or lead fire, emergency medical services (EMS), rescue, and/or emergency management organizations with the knowledge to make policy decisions and the skills needed to lead their organizations through progressive change. The core principle of the program is focused on problem-solving through persuasion, influence, and developing internal and external cooperation processes to achieve the organization’s mission. Real-world perspective bridges the gap between the theory of management and leadership practices and the application of those vital skills.
The fire and emergency services profession has made many progressive changes in equipment, training, and funding, but the job of making improvements is never complete. This text provides the knowledge needed by chief officers and their staff to identify and implement progressive change that will help keep firefighters safe while providing the best public fire and emergency services.
Fire and Emergency Services Administration: Management and Leadership Practices, Third Edition is an integral resource for officers, those studying for promotion, individuals taking civil service examinations, fire science students, and existing practitioners. It is part of an integrated teaching and learning system that combines dynamic features and content to support instructors and to help prepare students for their leadership careers in fire and emergency services.
- Chapter 1 Historical Foundations of Fire and Emergency Services
- Chapter 2 Introduction to Administration
- Chapter 3 Management
- Chapter 4 Leadership
- Chapter 5 Financial Management
- Chapter 6 Human Resource Management
- Chapter 7 Customer Service
- Chapter 8 Training and Education
- Chapter 9 Health and Safety
- Chapter 10 Government Regulation, Laws, and Courts
- Chapter 11 Ethics
- Chapter 12 Public Policy Analysis
- Chapter 13 The Future
- Appendix A Fire and Emergency Services Administration (C0271) Correlation Grid