Evidence-Based Practice for Health Professionals, Second Edition is a resource for health professions students, residents, and practicing professionals. It explores the basic concepts of evidence-based practice with a clinical emphasis. This text gives readers the knowledge and tools to make self-informed, evidence-based decisions, and to communicate effectively with professionals in the pharmaceutical, medical device, and nutraceutical industries.
The Second Edition provides meaningful learning activities through communications such as writing a letter to an insurance company, explaining the evidence regarding treatment to a patient, selecting a diagnostic tool, and designing community-based educational materials. These applied learning experiences, along with clinical case studies, help students bridge the gap from the abstract concepts of research, statistics, and technical jargon to the concrete skills of healthcare decision-making and communications.
Each new print copy includes a Navigate 2 Companion Website that features interactive and informative learning resources that gauge understanding and help students study more effectively.
- Learning Outcomes: To improve the student experience, Learning Outcomes in each chapter give the reader an outline of the content and topics to focus on.
- Case Studies: Case Studies allow students to apply their knowledge of the chapters and understand scenarios that are likely to occur in their careers.
- Chapter Exercises: End-of-chapter exercises help engage students in communication about evidence-based practice with other health professionals, patients, families, and professionals in related fields, including product sales representatives.
- Evidence-Based Practice
- Evidence-based Research in Health Sciences
- Research Methods
- Introduction to Research in Health Care