Sanders' Paramedic Textbook, Fifth Edition
Navigate 2 Essentials Access unlocks a complete audio book, Assessment Center, and dashboard that reports actionable data. Experience Navigate 2 today at www.jblnavigate.com/2.
Sanders' Paramedic Textbook, Fifth Edition integrates authoritative content that elicits higher-order thinking, preparing students to thrive as members of a sophisticated health care team. Published in conjunction with the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) and the National Association of EMS Physicians (NAEMSP), this edition offers material that aligns with the most current guidelines, standards, and medical research in the field of EMS.
The Fifth Edition, based on the National EMS Education Standards, the 2015 CPR/ECC Guidelines, and the 2017 Neonatal Resuscitation Program, presents evidence-based medical concepts in a clear and comprehensive format. Detailed coverage of essential skills enables students to meet and exceed the National Registry Paramedic Psychomotor Competency Portfolio.
Robust resources for educators and students deliver teaching and learning solutions that create a premier learning experience—engaged, meaningful learning that applies to the real world of EMS.
Key Features and Content Updates:
- Over 1,000 new photos and illustrations
- Current information on spinal immobilization from evidence-based research and national physician organizations
- Expanded content coverage for all patient groups, including pediatric and geriatric patients and special populations
- Increased coverage of pathophysiology, 12-lead ECG interpretation, mechanical ventilation, ultrasonography, and many other critical topics
- New Show Me the Evidence and Critical Thinking features that challenge students and highlight notable, current content
- Updated Did You Know? material that extends learning beyond the basics
- Emphasis on research and the paramedic's role in injury prevention
- Updated Emergency Drug Index and Advanced Practice Procedures for Critical Care Paramedics