Introduction to the Health Professions, Sixth Edition
Doody's Review Score: 100, 5 Stars!
SPECIAL PRICING and BUNDLE options available. Contact your Account Specialist for more information.
Completely updated, Introduction to the Health Professions, Sixth Edition provides the most current, comprehensive coverage of all the major health professions. This popular text outlines more than 75 careers and touches on every major facet of the field including training requirements, job responsibilities, and salaries. This fundamental resource provides a thorough review of the U.S. healthcare delivery system, managed care, health care financing, reimbursement, insurance coverage, Medicare, Medicaid, and the impact of new technology on healthcare services. Written specifically for students who plan to become healthcare professionals, this text will give you all the information you need for a successful career!
- Historical review of the health insurance industry in the United States
- Expanded discussion of public health care—Medicaid, Medicare, and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- New section on healthcare reform due to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010
- Up-to-date coverage of individual states’ implementation of healthcare reform
- Future-looking perspective on the evolving roles and responsibilities in health careers and the impact of future demographic and socioeconomic changes on healthcare needs
- Useful information on educational grants and loan repayment programs
- Current data for each profession from the latest Occupational Outlook (U.S. Department of Labor, 2010 – 2011)
- New chapter with current information on athletic trainers
- Instructor and Student Resources
- Transition Guide available for Instructors
Instructors: Bundle this product with additional Jones & Bartlett introductory health professions texts and save your students up to 30% off list price. Contact your Account Specialist for more information.
Features & Benefits
- Outlines more than 75 careers!
- Appendices on salaries, career information, resumes and job hunting
- Key terms and objectives for each chapter
- Career advice and descriptions to help students find the best profession for them
- Invaluable career specifics and resources
- Transition Guide available for instrcutors
- Companion Website available for students
Instructor's Manual Includes:
- Lesson Objectives
- Suggested Lecture Outlines
- Discussion Questions
- Suggested Learning Activities
- Suggested Homework
Introduction to Health Professions
Introduction to Health Occupations
All introduction to health care and health administration courses within allied health and health profession programs.
Customers also viewed