Emergency First Responder, Second Edition
With real-world case scenarios, tips for working with other members of the emergency response team, and much more, Emergency First Responder: Making the Difference, Second Edition offers essential coverage of the information you need for success in the field. This one-of-a-kind text is designed for the 40 to 60 hour course length and covers both the objectives in the National Standard Curriculum (NSC) for the First Responder and the new National Education Standards.
Features & Benefits
Find the key information you need for emergency medical response:
- Caution! boxes provide tips and precautions for emergency first responders.
- Illustrated step-by-step skill sheets offer easy-to-follow instructions for performing the basic interventions required for certification.
- Nuts & Bolts sections at the end of each chapter include Critical Points, Learning Checklists, Key Terms, and a listing of the relevant NSC objectives.
- NEW! Chapter on Environmental Emergencies highlights those situations most encountered by an emergency first responder in the outdoors.
- NEW! Documentation and Communications chapter details EMS communications, the essentials of documenting patient care, and therapeutic communication as it relates to cultural variations.
- EXPANDED coverage of response to man-made and natural disasters as well as NEW content on eye irrigation, alcohol and drug crises, nerve agent poisonings, and rural and industrial accidents prepares you to respond to any situation.
- NEW! Companion DVD features skills videos and dynamic medical animations.
- Much, much more!