Above Ground Bulk Storage Tank Emergencies Second Edition
Above Ground Bulk Storage Tank Emergencies, Second Edition is designed to meet the general requirements for handling above ground storage tank emergencies as describe i the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Standard 472: Competence of Responders to Hazardous Materials/Weapons of Mass Destruction Incidents, 2018 Edition. In addition, the textbook provides the knowledge competencies in Chapter 16: Competencies for Hazardous Materials Technicians with a Flammable Liquids Bulk Storage Specialty.
The Second Edition contains comprehensive content covering:
- Codes, Standards, and Regulations that govern above ground storage tanks.
- Details Tank Design and Construction Features for the following:
- Fixed (Cone and Dome) Roof Tanks
- Open (External) Floating Roof Tanks
- Covered (Internal) Floating Roof Tanks
- Vertical Low Pressure Storage Tanks
- Horizontal Low Pressure Storage Tanks
- Fireground Operations covers the fundamental concepts of the incident management system and its application at a petroleum storage tank emergency. Focusing on the primary responding agencies and the strategic and tactical decision-making.
- Firefighting Foam, Water Supply, and Fire Protection requirements for selecting an extinguishing agent and establishing a water supply to protect exposures and carry out fire attack and extinguishment.
- Tactical Response Guidelines provides guidance on how to size-up specific types of storage tank fires, evaluate their hazards and risks, and handle various types of tank emergencies.
The Second Edition features include:
- Knowledge objectives correlated to NFPA Standard 472, Chapter 16 Competencies for Hazardous Materials Technicians with a Flammable Liquids Bulk Storage Specialty.
- Key Terms, Case Studies, and Chapter Summaries to enhance comprehension of the material.